Personal Information Protection Policy
The Avex Group understands the importance of personal information protection and strives to protect personal information, individual numbers and specific personal information ("specific personal information, etc.") based on the policy outlined below.
1. Formulating a compliance program for the protection of personal information and ongoing improvements
The Avex Group endeavors to raise awareness of the importance of personal information protection among directors and employees. To protect personal information and specific personal information, etc. appropriately, the Avex Group formulates, implements, maintains, and continuously makes improvements to the compliance program for personal information protection (including this policy document, the basic regulations for protecting personal information, and other related standards and regulations.)
2. Complying with the basic regulations for protecting personal information
The Avex Group has established a management framework for the appropriate protection of personal information and specific personal information, etc., which takes into account the business content and scale of each department and complies with the basic regulations for protecting personal information and specific personal information, etc. as well as other related standards and regulations. In addition to collecting, using, and providing personal information and specific personal information, etc. in an appropriate manner, this management framework provides for appropriate responses to the person concerned, including disclosure to and amendment of the personal information and specific personal information, etc. of said person.
3. Ensuring accuracy and safety of personal information and specific personal information, etc.
To ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information and specific personal information, etc., the Avex Group endeavors to maintain accurate and up-to-date personal information and specific personal information, etc., and to implement rational safety measures from the dual perspectives of information communications technology and management organizational structures. The Avex Group makes every effort to prevent loss, destruction, tampering, leaks, and unauthorized access to personal information and specific personal information, etc.
4. Complying with laws, regulations, and other criteria relating to personal information protection
The Avex Group complies with criteria and guidelines specified by administrative bodies and other organizations, as well as the provisions of laws and regulations relating to personal information protection.
Masato Matsuura, Representative Director, CEO
Avex Group Holdings Inc.
At the Avex Group, we comply with laws and regulations, and other criteria relating to the protection of the personal information of customers, and we are committed to handling personal information in an appropriate manner as outlined below. In addition, individual numbers and specific personal information involving business relationships (individual numbers and specific personal information are referred to hereinafter as "specific personal information, etc.") are handled in an appropriate manner in compliance with the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure and other laws and regulations.
Please click here for information about the use of specific personal information, etc.
1. Managing personal information
To prevent leaks, loss, destruction or damage to personal information, the Avex Group abides by laws and regulations, guidelines and its own internal regulations, implements appropriate security measures, and makes every effort to protect personal information. The Avex Group also educates employees on handling personal information appropriately, and expends all possible means to protect the information.
2. Obtaining personal information and purposes of use
(1) When obtaining the personal information of customers, the Avex Group does so by appropriate means. The Avex Group clearly specifies its intent to obtain personal information and the purpose of the use of personal information when customers provide the information directly in writing, or through the Internet. However, when the purpose of use is clear from the context of providing the information, the Avex Group may omit explicit statements about the purpose of use.
(2) The Avex Group uses personal information within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use listed below.
(a) To confirm and deliver purchases and registrations of products and services
1) To confirm and deliver purchased products
2) To confirm applications for events and to deliver admission tickets, etc.
3) To confirm applications for email delivery services and to send emails
4) To confirm registrations for member services and to provide the services
5) To send rewards, etc. to survey respondents
6) To send gifts, etc. to reward competition entries
(b) To provide and improve products and services used by customers, and to develop new services
1) To improve the content of products, services and the website to enhance customer satisfaction
2) To tailor the content of products, services and the website to individual customers
3) To survey the degree of customer satisfaction with the information and products requested
4) To understand the customer usage situation and to use such understanding to improve existing services and develop new services
(c) To deliver information relating to products and services on offer
1) To deliver information about Avex Group artists and events
2) To deliver information about membership services and other services
3) To publish requests for survey participation and the results of such surveys
(d) To contact applicants and confirm applications for auditions, student enrollment or staff vacancies
1) To contact applicants and confirm applications for auditions
2) To contact applicants and confirm applications for student enrollment or staff vacancies
(3) The Avex Group will continue to use personal information obtained and retained prior to the introduction of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (before March 31, 2005) for the purposes stated above.
(4) When obtaining personal information after succeeding a business in a merger, spin-off, or transfer of business, the Avex Group will use the personal information within the scope of the consent given prior to such succession, or within the scope necessary to accomplish the published or notified purposes of use.
(5) The Avex Group may obtain or use personal information outside the scope of the abovementioned purposes of use, and without the prior consent of the person who has provided the information when based on laws and regulations, when necessary to protect life, limb or property, or when we are required to cooperate with government organizations.
3. Providing personal information to third parties
The Avex Group does not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
(1) When the consent of the customer has been obtained in advance
(2) When providing personal information to a subcontractor under appropriate supervision by the Avex Group to accomplish the purposes of use
(3) When personal information has been obtained for the purpose of providing the information to a third party, and the customer has been notified of the data in question, the method of disclosure, and the contact for requesting a suspension, or is in a position where such information is easily accessible
(4) When necessary to protect life, limb, or property, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
(5) When mandated to provide the information in accordance with laws by a government organization, a local government body, or persons commissioned by such organizations
(6) When the Avex Group provides personal information in a merger, spin-off, or transfer of business
4. Sharing personal data
Please click here for information about the shared use of personal data.
5. Posting personal information on bulletin boards etc.
The Avex Group provides a bulletin board service where customers can post messages on artists’ websites. Customers should be aware that personal information disclosed in posts on these bulletin boards could be browsed by other users.
The Avex Group website may also link to websites external to the Avex Group. Customers should be aware that the Avex Group accepts no responsibility for the handling of personal information at such linked websites.
6. Procedures and enquiries regarding disclosure of personal information
(1) A customer, or a legitimate proxy, wishing to amend, append, or delete (cancel membership) the customer’s personal information is asked to contact Avex at the customer service desk indicated below. (Although Avex Group Holdings Inc. oversees the management of personal information shared within the Avex Group, the customer service desk is the consolidated center for the Avex Group.) When membership details and other details have been provided over the Internet, customers may amend, append, or delete (cancel membership) the personal information of their own accord.
<Please contact the customer service desk at the number below for enquiries about personal information on the website, and other personal information>
Avex Group Holdings Inc.
0570-064-414 (Hours 11:00-18:00 on weekdays)
(2) When making enquiries, customers should be aware that they might be asked to confirm their identity, or the identity of their legitimate proxy. Please enquire at the customer service desk regarding procedures for disclosing or amending personal information
(3) Please be aware that the request may not be met if any of the following apply.
(a) When the identity of the customer or the legitimate proxy cannot be confirmed
(b) When requesting disclosure, amendment, addition, deletion, or suspension of the use of personal data not held by the Avex Group
(c) When disclosure of personal data held by the Avex Group may harm the life, limb or property, or other rights and interests of the person concerned, or a third party
(d) When there is a risk that the disclosure of personal data held by the Avex Group may cause significant interruptions to the proper implementation of the business of the Avex Group
(e) When the disclosure of personal data held by the Avex Group may contravene other laws and regulations
(f) When requests for amending or appending personal data held by the Avex Group are unnecessary from the perspective of the purpose of use, and when the request is not true and correct
(g) When a request is made for deletion or suspension of use of personal data (hereinafter, "suspension of use") held by the Avex Group, but the Avex Group is not deemed to have breached any procedures (use or acquisition of personal information outside the scope of the purposes of use, or disclosure of the personal information to a third party for reasons other than those stipulated in clauses 3 (1) to 3 (6).)
(h) When a request for the suspension of use of personal data held by the Avex Group has been made and implementing the suspension of use is difficult, and when the Avex Group uses an alternative method to protect the rights and interests of customers
(4) The Avex Group exercises special consideration where the personal information of customers under 13 years of age is concerned. Permission of a guardian must be obtained before a customer under 13 years of age provides personal information.
(5) We may record calls to the customer service desk for the purpose of confirming the facts related to the call, ensuring accurate responses to calls, and improving the telephone manners of our desk representatives.
7. Handling personal information on the website
(2) Protection of personal information at linked websites
Customers should be aware that Avex accepts no responsibility for the handling of personal information on websites that are linked from the website, but not operated by the Avex Group.
Enacted April 1, 2005
Revised January 1, 2016
Avex Group Holdings Inc.